Tuesday 13 January 2009

To Do

Hey- welcome to the blog of the travels of the noble explorer and renowned good fellow, Laurie Kearns! 

I'm writing this from Base camp Hatfield, and just getting the ball rolling for when I want to access and update this from the wrong side of the world. At the moment, Im surrounded by papers and to do lists, all of which have to be crossed off before I embark on Thursday, and the current ratio of trembles to excitement is about 70:30, but whether I like it or not, the trembles will have to have disappeared by the time I get onto the flight..

About this blog- Ill be updating it at as many internet cafes as I come across, and I hope to be able to get some pics up as I go, and as well as this, Ill be accessing my facebook and my emails at each stage, so I should hopefully be fairly accessible. I'm also taking my phone, the number of which will stay the same, but I can't guarantee signal! When I get past Africa, I hope to pick up local Sim cards, so I'll get numbers as I go, and keep yus updated..

To Do: 
Africa
India
Australia
LA
New York
Vancouver

I cant wait

Laurie X

3 comments:

  1. Go n-éirí an bóthar leat (Irish - meaning "May you have a good trip")

    Looking forward to hearing all about it Laurie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great to hear from you Laurie! As a friend of mine used to say 'don't let the crocs get near your tukkas' Enjoy Africa (from Aideen also)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yo! Great to hear from you. I am very jealous. Delighted that you are getting to experience Africa. When you get home and to Birr next I will finally give you the story of my time in Ethiopia (and Tanzania) - it will mean something to you now. And remember - Aideen, back in 1973, drove from Zambia to Kenya with a nurse friend of hers - in a Fiat 128! About the size of a modern Ford Fiesta but nowhere near as reliable as the car had been built in Zambia!

    ReplyDelete